Social media advertising can be a great way to get more customers.
You may have tried traditional marketing methods, but they are not working as well as they used to, or it’s extremely expensive. You may have considered using social media to get more customers, but you are not sure how to go about it. It’s not as simple as making a few posts and expecting people to flock to your business. You need to target your ads correctly, have good photos and write copy that persuades people to take action.
Proper Targeting Will Save You $$$
For example, if you’re running a restaurant then here’s a few tips to make sure your social media advertising is getting the most bang for your buck:
- First, you want to be reaching people who actually live in the area. There’s no point in advertising to people who live on the other side of the country – they’re not going to come and eat at your restaurant anytime soon.
- Second, you want to target the right people. You don’t want to advertise steak to a vegan. You can actually exclude vegans from your social media ads or vice versa. If you have vegetarian options on your menu then you can create separate ads for those items.
- Third, you want to choose the right placements. There’s many examples but here is a really important one: if your ad is a long video then you should only advertise it to people connected to a WiFi network.
Let's Quickly Talk About Your Photos
Too many businesses don’t invest into proper images for their ads. Good photography is essential for businesses. People are more likely to engage with content that is visually appealing, so it’s important to make sure your product is looking its best. You don’t necessarily need to hire a professional photographer, but you should take the time to learn how to take great pictures with your cell phone. If you don’t have the time to do this research, then it’s important to find someone who can help you get the right shots for your ads. With good photos, you will attract more customers.
The Utter Importance of Copywriting
A few mistakes in targeting can easily be forgiven, but copywriting is a make-or-break issue. Too many businesses drop the ball on this critical area, thinking that their customers need to be entertained, or don’t have enough time to read a lengthy ad. This is simply not true. When you are buying a product or service, do you not research the company? Check out reviews from other customers? This is your opportunity to answer any questions they may have.
Copywriting is not about jokes or slogans; it’s about giving customers real information that convinces them to visit your business & open their wallets. Done right, it can mean the difference between profit and loss. So if you’re not sure how to write copy that sells, hire a marketing agency that understands this important factor, or read some books on copywriting yourself (I suggest starting off with “Kick-Ass Copywriting Secrets of a Marketing Rebel by John Carelton”). It’s an investment that will pay off in the long run.
Good copy will follow these general guidelines:
1. The ad establishes trust and credibility with your target audience.
2. Your content is tailored to your specific business, with an understanding of what makes it unique.
3. MOST IMPORTANTLY – The ad should get an immediate response from your target market (if customers aren’t coming in when the ad starts running… something needs to be changed).
Most marketing agencies are terrified of the third statement because it puts the pressure on them to produce real-world results. Our company is the complete opposite… WE LOVE to hear about the results from our ads because they actually work. If you want to get more people through your doors then don’t hesitate to give us a shout. We’ll work with you to create campaigns that will get the most out of your advertising budget and reach more potential customers than ever before.